“Mmm! What is that wonderful smell?”
This is a comment that is often heard at Inspiring Health in Falmouth from our clients walking through our doors.
We thought we would share our ‘not so secret, secret’ with you.
It’s all down to our superb diffuser and using a selection of essential oils, to disperse the aroma that fills the clinic and enhances our clients experience.
Our diffuser uses ultrasonic pulses that break the oil particles down into micro-molecules and diffuses them into the air. These molecules change into negative particles and attach themselves to harmful positively charged particles in the air, purifying it.
Essential oils can lose some their benefits, when heated; therefore by using this diffuser the oils lose none of their therapeutic benefits.
The diffuser also adds a little moisture to the home, which can be great in the summer but also at this time of year when the dreaded central heating is switched on.
Watch Mary demonstrating the diffuser
Use oils with smells that appeal to you. There is no benefit in using an essential oil that you do not like. I personally do not enjoy the aroma of lavender yet others really find it beneficial.
Each essential oil has it’s own unique property. Here are some of the most versatile oils
• Lavender – sleep, anxiety, stress, immunity
• Tea Tree – congestion, respiration, infections, antiseptic, antiviral
• Peppermint – health promoting, respiration, anti-inflammatory, mental focus
• Chamomile – anti-inflammatory, anxiety, sleep
• Eucalyptus – anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antiseptic, coughs and colds, air cleanser
• Geranium – emotions, hormones, stress, depression, inflammation
• Rosemary – memory, stimulant, antiseptic, fatigue, air cleanser
• Thyme – antiviral, flu, insect repellent, air cleanser, stress, anxiety, memory
• Lemon – mood lifting, immunity, insect repellent, air cleanser, respiration, concentration
• Clove – air cleansing, anti-inflammatory, energizer
• Bergamot – confidence, mood lifting, stress, depression, sleep
• Sandalwood – memory, mental focus, anti-inflammatory, coughs and colds
• Clary Sage – hormones, sleep, stress, antiseptic
These recipes are for you to try but they are in no way set in stone. We experiment with different blends at the clinic so find the ones that work for you.
• Air cleanser: clean and freshen the air in your home
Lemon 1-2 drops Rosemary 1-2 drops
• Concentration: enable clear thinking and focus
Sandalwood 2 drops Peppermint 2 drops Lemon 1 drop Thyme 1 drop
• Breathing: helps to support your breathing especially in the cough and cold season
Peppermint 2 drops Rosemary 1 drop Eucalyptus 1 drop Lemon 1 drop
• Energise: great in the morning to get you going
Rosemary 2 drops Bergamot 2 drops Clove1 drop
• Stress: to help you wind down and level out
Geranium 2 drops Bergamot 2 drops Clary Sage 1 drop
• Lifting mood: great for finding peace
Sandalwood 3 drops Thyme 1 drop Lemon 1 drop
• Sleeplessness: for those nights that sleep is evading you
Chamomile 2 drops Clary Sage 1 drop Bergamot 1 drop
• Insect repellant: keep those creepy crawlies at bay
Lemongrass 1 drop Thyme 1 drop Eucalyptus 1 drop
• Boosting immune system: great for this time of year
Tea tree 2 drops Basil 2 drops Lemon 1 drop